Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Day 3! Preconference and CHOCOLATE!

So today I again headed to the Convention Center by myself for the preconference on gaming. What a great session! I've been doing "drop-in" gaming on Fridays with the Wii for a couple of years now, but I'm realizing we really need to beef up our gaming presence. Thinking about doing a gaming tournament each month or have a season like Ann Arbor does. We could target different audiences for different events and have food and prizes and really make it a big cool thing. Our presenters seemed to advocate for a Go Big or Go Home approach to this and I think that's been my problem. Our gaming has gotten just too casual. So now I really have something to work on once I get back to good old MPL.

Saw my new bud Anna there and I even got to play a funny Wii game called Big Brain Academy where you solve a series of "problems" very quickly and you are up against someone.

Am now going to explore Portland since it's such a gorgeous day!! Thinking about maybe the Art Museum, definately going to find some chocolate places, and maybe the food carts!! I'll let you know what I discover later!

Ann Arbor Public Library
Mooresville Public Library

No comments:

Post a Comment